Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hooray! It's Officially Summer!

It is official! Summer Break is here! I never would have thought I would be so busy since my first blog post. Many exciting things have happened over the past month. I wrapped up one of my most successful school years yet, I learned I will be moving my classroom ... AGAIN (this is the 4th time in 5 years of teaching ... AND we will be moving into the new building in December! No worries though, I will just be able to enjoy my winter break a little more than others! ... RIGHT?!), I got most of my stuff moved over in less than a week (Hip Hip Hooray!) and I taught an AMAZING week long summer camp program, AKA Camp Invention! For those of you who have never heard of Camp Invention, it is a high interest, hands on science based camp, that promotes problem solving, team work and higher level thinking skills. An AWESOME experience for kids entering grades 1-5! Learn more at http://www.invent.org/camp/default.aspx.

Well, with a day of rest under my belt, I am ready to get moving on my plans for next year! It is always exciting moving into a new classroom and I would love to jump into decorating and organizing but first things first ... refining my curriculum! Where to begin!? Until next time ....

BELIEVE and ACHIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment