Saturday, June 22, 2013

End of the Year Camp Out!


At the end of the school year we have a camp out in my classroom! I put the kids into groups of 4 or 5 and they come to school wearing their P.J.s and have their sleeping bags in tow! 

Throughout the day the kids complete group activities that sum up the school year! The major activity they complete is a camp brochure complete with a description of camp, the cost for one week of camp, some activities campers will participate in, the layout of the cabins, and some illustrations! (This year I even incorporated technology! The kids created a brochure in Publisher!)



 

Later in the day, we tell stories by the campfire and talk about the things we learned throughout the year and what we will miss most! How could I forget, campfire time is complete with S'MORES and a heartfelt story, Oh the Places You Will Go or another favorite Thank you, Mr. Faulkner. 


We end the day with camp awards, a summer treat from me, and a little summer homework packet to keep our noggins sharp over the summer months.


Hope you have enjoyed a peak into my end of the year activities! Thank you, Mel D, for this fantastic linky party! It is my first of many!

BELIEVE & ACHIEVE
Susan 

No comments:

Post a Comment